Home > Motohiro Kojima, MD, PhD
Motohiro Kojima, MD, PhD
Pathology contribute to medical field, including diagnosis, using optical sense. The history of pathology field is old and started from 19th Century by Rudolf Virchow. Optical sense is verbalized in Pathology, so some researcher feel difficulty and subjectivity. However, our field still has potential to develop, and pathological diagnosis is still gold standard in cancer field. From the historical field of pathology, we try to provide innovative idea contribute to cancer medicine.
- Division Head in pathology
- Gastrointestinal pathology
- Pancreato-biliary pathology
- Colorectal cancer
- Pancreas cancer
Current main research theme
- Concordance in pathological diagnosis
- Cancer stroma and physical property
Collaborative research themes
- Morphometric analysis
- Diagnostic device development using cancer physical property
mokojima●east.ncc.go.jp（Replace ● to ＠）
- Showa University University School om medicine (1997)
- Assistant, 1st department of Pathology, Shwa University (2002)
- Guest Scientist in Kiel university (2004)
- Staff in National Cancer Center Hospital, East (2006)
- Current position (2012)
Major affiliated societies
- Japanese association of pathology
- Japanese cytology association
- Japanese cancer association
- Japanese society of cancer of the colon and rectum
- Kojima M, Ochiai A, Special cancer microenvironment in human colonic cancer: Concept of cancer microenvironment formed by peritoneal invasion (CMPI) and implication of subperitoneal fibroblast in cancer progression. Pathol Int 2016. 66;123-131.
- Yokota M, Kojima M, Higuchi Y, Nishizawa Y, Kobayashi A, Ito M, Saito N, Ochiai A. Gene expression profile in the activation of subperitoneal fibroblasts reflects prognosis of patients with colon cancer. Int J Cancer 2016.15;1422-1431.
- Kawano S, Kojima M, Higuchi Y, Sugimoto M, Ikeda K, Sakuyama N, Takahashi S, Hayashi R, Ochiai A, Saito N. Assessment of elasticity of colorectal cancer tissue, clinical utility, pathological and phenotypical relevance. Cancer Sci 2015.106;1232-1239.
- Sugimoto M, Takahashi S, Kojima M, Gotohda N, Kato Y, Kawano S, Ochiai A, Konishi M. What is the nature of pancreatic consistency? Assessment of the elastic modulus of the pancreas and comparison with tactile sensation, histology, and occurrence of postoperative pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy. Surgery 2014.156;1204-11.
- Kojima M, Shimazaki H, Iwaya K, Kage M, Akiba J, Ohkura Y, Horiguchi S, Shomori K, Kushima R, Ajioka Y, Nomura S, Ochiai A. Pathological diagnostic criterion of blood and lymphatic vessel invasion in colorectal cancer: a framework for developing an objective pathological diagnostic system using Delphi method, from the Pathology Working Group of the Japanese Society for Cancer of the Colon and Rectum. J Clin Pathol, 2013. 66;551-558.