Department of Radiation(Oncology)
Yoshihisa Abe, Tooru Kato, Ako Aikawa, Masashi Ito, Minoru Hamada, Yosihiro Shibata, Yuya Suzuki, Tatsuya Mogaki, Emi Sakamoto, Toshiyoshi Katahira, Satoshi Nakajima, Yuuki Miura, Daisuke Fujiyama, Manabu Kimura, Kenta Hashimoto, Takuya Nakagawa, Rie Ishikawa, Shuuhei Kamikaji
Routine and research activities
- Our Department installed a new Linear Accelerator (LINAC) and CyberKnife system last year and analyzed their operating efficiency. As a result, our Department effectively utilized those systems.
- Our Department was able to perform on all the patients who needed Total Body Irradiation (TBI) treatment before bone marrow transplants.
- Our Department performed the treatment with five LINACs, and also has seen stable operation with the new LINAC with various energy levels. Thus, high-precision treatment could be performed efficiently. No treatments were interrupted because they could be carried out among these LINACs.
- Two years have passed since the installation of CyberKnife. Our Department had 20 new patients and an introduction rate of 20% per month on average. Stereotactic Radio Surgery (SRS) using real-time tracking capabilities has started.
- A facility inspection by an administrative agency has been completed to allow the installation of a hospital-based accelerator Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) system.
Our Department developed and assessed an automatic tumor identification system on CT imaging for BNCT.
- Our Department systematically rotated the staff and educated them effectively using our education program.
- Our Department accepted many visitors and trainees from all around Japan.
- Our Department accepted students from the Department of Radiological Science, Graduate School of International University of Health and Welfare.
- Our Department accepted not only domestic but also overseas students studying radiological technology.
- Our Department aims at the early start of BNCT by installing a LINAC system and its peripheral equipment specifically designed for this purpose.
- Our Department contributes to immediate pharmaceutical approval of the BNCT system, and to disseminating the system worldwide.
- Sixteen years have passed since installing the first LINAC system. Our Department plans to smoothly renew the LINAC system.