Division of Cancer Pathophysiology
Introduction of laboratory
Since the number of cancer survivors has been increasing year due to recent improvements in cancer treatment, the laboratory will develop a comprehensive cancer pathology (basic) study to establish next-generation cancer supportive care and palliative care with a view to improving the quality of life in individual cancer patients.
The main themes of this laboratory are as follows:
- Complex Disease Cancer Pathology Study as the Basis for Comprehensive Cancer Supportive Care
- Peripheral-Brain Linkage-Based Neurological Tumor Analysis
- Translational Research to Establish Individual Cancer Pathology Drug Therapy
- Analysis of Neurological Disease-Specific Immune Variations Using the Human Genome Database
- Analysis of Systemic Pain Networks
- Cellular Molecular Pharmacology of Analgesics
Since the director concurrently serves as both a professor at the Department of Pharmacology, Hoshi Pharmaceutical University, and a visiting professor at several faculty of medicine courses, the above-mentioned research projects are being carried out in cooperation with other medical universities.