Home > Organization > Division of Radiation Oncology and Particle Therapy(Kashiwa) > Research Summary
- PBT as a nonsurgical approach to mucosal melanoma of the head and neck: a pilot study
- Phase II study of PBT combined with chemotherapy for inoperable non-small cell lung cancer.
- Phase I/II study of dose escalated PBT combined with chemotherapy for esophageal cancer.
- Establishment of feasibility and effectiveness of line scanning for localized prostate cancer.
- Proton dose distribution measurements using a MOSFET detector with a simple dose-weighted correction method for LET effects.
- Radiobiological evaluation of cellular response to PBT.
- Radiobiological evaluation of combined effect of chemotherapeutic agents on enhancement of PBT.
- Standardization of methods of PBT and quality assurance of PBT among Japanese proton beam facilities.
- Establishment of infrastructure for multi-institutional study of PBT for various cancers.
- Technical development of intensity modulated proton beam therapy (IMPT)